Last week I made THE BEST zucchini noodle stir fry. I’ve made other Asian-inspired zucchini noodle dishes before, but this one definite takes the cake for the best. It was so good that I re-created it on Saturday so I could share this recipe with you. The first time I made this, I wasn’t as strict with the measurements because I was having fun experimenting. Luckily, on Saturday, I was able to recreate this dish with exact measurements of everything so that I cool write this blog post.
Like all of my dishes this is vegan, gluten free and just so happens to be raw and paleo. I hope you enjoy this dish!
- 3 zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 6 mandarin oranges
- 3 green onions
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Optional: water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4-1/2 cup natural crunchy almond butte4-6 pitted dates
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1TBS crushed red peppers
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- sesame seeds
- chopped pistachios
- lime wedges
- crushed red peppers
- Spiralized 3 zucchini and the cucumber and add to a large bowl
- Spiralize, shred, or julienne 2-3 carrots and add to the bowl
- Chop 2 jalepeno and the red pepper and add to the bowl
- Chop the green onion and roughly chop the cilantro and add to the bowl
- Optional: rinse and pour in the water chestnuts ( I added this the second I made it)
- Peel and segment 6 mandarin oranges and add to the bowl
- To make the sauce add to above mentioned ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. (For a more thinner consistency use 1/4 cup almond butter; for a thicker consistency use 1/2 cup.)
- Pour sauce over the zucchini noodles and veggies and mix until evenly coated
- To serve garnish with the toppings of your choice. I chose lime wedges, sesame seeds, and crushed red peppers
Please note that this makes a large bowl, so you will get many servings from this meal. So if you have a big family, are having a dinner party, or want to have meals prepared for the week, this dish is perfect for you.
Please let me know if you try this or my other recipes. In case you missed it, check out my recipe for THE BEST blueberry cobbler.
As always, be happy, be healthy, and be the best version of you that you can be!
Always & Forever
Forever & Always