I often have what I like to call “bright ideas”—situations in which I want to try something new, but have no idea if my idea will succeed or fail. For Valentine’s Day, I had the idea to make a raw vegan blueberry cobbler.
A few days before making this recipe, I ate some dried figs which reminded me so much of blueberries. So, I thought to myself, “I wonder how blueberries and figs taste together!” From this thought, my cobbler was born. I’ve made a vegan gluten free cobbler before, which was quite tasty.
However, this raw version is by far THE BEST I’ve ever had. I’m confident this recipe will delight your taste buds as much as mine!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 handful dried figs
- 1 handful pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1 bag frozen blueberries
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place pecans in blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Add the remaining crust ingredients and pulse into you get a sticky consistency
- Pour into a bowl and set aside
- Add frozen blueberries, dates, lemon juice, and cinnamon to blender or food processor
- Blend until smoothie consistency
- Rinse fresh blueberries and place into a large bowl
- Pour smoothie mixture into the bowl and stir until well combined
- Pour filling evenly into a 9×13 cake pan
- Top with the crust ingredients, leaving some of the blueberries exposed
- Place covered in freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Take out of freezer at least 30 minutes before serving
- Store covered in the refrigerator
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you try this or my other recipes, comment below.
As always, be happy, be healthy, be the best version of you!
Always & Forever
Forever & Always