I recently made this delicious pasta salad that I want to share with you. Like a lot of my recipes, I made a huge batch of this southwestern pasta salad so that we won’t have to cook for most of the week. You can adjust the portions to the amount of pasta salad you need. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 bag of black beans
- 1 bag of frozen sweet corn
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 can of black olives
- 2 large avocados
- 1 box of pasta (I used Ancient Harvest Veggie Curls pasta)
- Olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Rinse the bag of black beans. In a crockpot, slow cook the entire bag of black beans. (You can use several canned beans if you so wish)
- While the beans are cooking, chop the vegetables (the cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions avocados, and black olives)
- In a pot boil some water. Once boiling, add box of pasta and cook according to box directions.
- Rinse pasta with cold water.
- When the beans have 25-15 minutes left cooking, add the steamer basket to crockpot and the entire bag of sweet corn.
- Once the beans and corn are done. Drain water and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large Tupperware container.
- Add salt, pepper, olive oil, and the juice of one lemon. Mix everything together.
- Chill in refrigerator then serve cold.
This is a very delicious pasta salad. If I made this again I would add red peppers and instead of adding the chopped avocados, I would make an avocado dressing. Once I mixed in the avocados, they became mushy and formed a sort of sauce on the pasta salad. I would combine the lemon juice, olive oil, avocado, salt and pepper along with garlic to form an avocado dressing.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Be healthy. Be happy. Be your best self.
Always & Forever
Forever & Always