Last month, we had a guest over and made raw vegan tacos with walnut meat and cashew sour cream. We had a variety of toppings including jicama, diced mango with lime and chilli powder, carrots, cabbage, cilantro and onions, guacamole, and black olives. Instead of putting the jicama and mango on my tacos, I decided to make them into a little side dish topped with cilantro, onion, and salsa verde. To my surprise, this was actually pretty good.
The next day, I decided to make a jicama salad with some of the leftover ingredients. This is by far one of my favorite salads I’ve come up with. It’s sweet, tangy, and delicious. I hope you enjoy.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 jicama
- 3 large haas avocados
- 3 ataulfo mangoes
- Half large pineapple
- Half cup chopped cilantro
- 4 large garlic cloves (use less if you don’t like garlic)
- Juice of 1lemon
- 3 green onions
- Himalayan pink sea salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Peel the jicama and shred using a cheese grater
- Peel and dice the avocados, and mango
- Cut the pineapple into chunks
- Roughly chop the cilantro
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Cut the green onion into small pieces
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on top
- Add the spices to taste
- Stir all ingredients until well combined. Let chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Have you ever tried jicama? What is your favorite way to serve it? I’m curious to try new recipes with it.
As always, be happy, be healthy, and be the best you possible.
Always & Forever
Forever & Always