What do you do when all you have in your refrigerator are mangoes, mushrooms, and romaine lettuce? You can do what I did and make this unexpectedly tasty salad. When you don’t have time to go grocery shopping, and have only a few ingredients on hand, don’t be afraid to experiment. You never know what you will come up with.
- 2 mangoes
- ½ container of white mushrooms
- 2 hearts of romaine
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- juice of 1-2 limes
- couple cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small chunks.
- Rinse and dice the mushrooms.
- Rinse and cut the romaine hearts into strips.
- Combine these ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a blender, add ½ cup of coconut oil, lime juice, and garlic cloves.
- Blend until smooth. Pour onto the salad.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake or mix the salad until well combined.
What delicious concoctions have you created when your fridge is sparse? I’d love to read about them in the comments sections.
I wish you happiness, health, and longevity.
Always & Forever
Forever & Always