Where I live in Chicago, the weather has been below zero for a couple of days. With freezing weather and snow on the ground, it can be easy to get the winter blues. One way I suggest to get over them is to eat delicious and nutritious foods that remind you of summer. I created a delectable dish that I call burst of sunshine salad that is sure to brighten your mood.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 6 clementine oranges
- 1 handful of raw unshelled pistachios
- 1 handful of chopped mint
- sprinkle of ginger
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Peel and slice your mangoes and put into a large bowl.
- Peel and segment the oranges and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the mint and add to the bowl.
- Add the handful of pistachios.
- Sprinkle a little ginger and cinnamon to taste.
- Stir and enjoy!
Please let me know in the comment section below if you try this recipe or my other recipes. What do you do to overcome the winter blues?
Be happy, healthy, and enjoy good food!
Always & Forever
Forever & Always